Thank you for your support. Watch this space for details about upcoming Breakfast Indabas.
The Breakfast Indaba
Annual Breakfast Indaba
Venue: The Country Club Johannesburg, 1 Napier Road, Auckland Park
Date: 11th September 2019
Time: 07h00 for 07h30 – 09h30
and the Mining Industry
The Joburg Indaba team was pleased to bring an informative and interactive breakfast discussion on this very subject that took place on the 11th September at the Johannesburg Country Club, Auckland Park. This year's theme was Environmental Sustainability and the Mining Industry where different aspects of mining responsibly were discussed. Government, industry, mining and legal experts covered the following key themes:
- Mine planning and development: creating a sustainable co-existence model between the mine and local environment
- The use of technology to minimise the environmental impact of mining
- The commercial and environmental aspects of water management
- Mine rehabilitation and closure: the opportunities and challenges
- Creating jobs through environmental rehabilitation
And much more….
Attendees discussed best practices for mining with minimal impact on the environment, what it takes to mine responsibly and what to consider when evaluating the sustainability of a mining project.
The Joburg Indaba team would like to thank all the speakers and delegates that participated in this event leading to the Joburg Indaba taking place on the 2-3 October at The Inanda Club, Inanda, Sandton. To be part of this ongoing conversations you can do so by clicking here
“By the Industry for the Industry”
* Join in the ongoing conversations started at the Joburg Indaba *